PSSMOSA is made up of old students who make a difference every day.
WHO WE ARE
Police Secondary School Minna Old Students’ Association (PSSMOSA)
(PSSMOSA) is the umbrella body of all ex-students of Police Secondary School Minna, Niger State.
Duly registered in 2015, with the Corporate Affairs Commission under Part C of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 2004 and duly recognized by the Nigerian Police Force as the umbrella body of all graduates of Police Secondary School Minna.
It is a non-political, non-profit, ex-student-run, independent, association, interested in promoting and developing Police Secondary School Minna (PSSM) as well as projecting the image of the Police in a better light as Police Ambassadors.
Precisely, on the 3rd of October, 2015, the Association held its Inaugural/1st AGM in Minna, with the IGP Solomon Arase (Rtd) ably represented by the Commissioner of Police, Niger State.
Since its inauguration, the Association has organized two (3) other AGMs in 2017, 2018 and 2019 respectively as well as the 25th anniversary of Police Secondary School Minna held on the 21st of July, 2017.
The association is managed by a board of dedicated volunteers from all walks of life who are old students who are duly elected and some appointed by the National President. Their goal is to offer our alumni a focal point of support, event coordination and benefits. PSSMOSA is made up of old students who make a difference every day. You can find them in industry as entrepreneurs, technologists, medical doctors, social workers, nurses and in a multitude of other occupations. All PSSMOSA graduates living in any part of Nigeria and Abroad are invited to get involved and become a registered member of our Alumni Association. Because Alumni provide a strong link between the community, industry and the School, many benefits are available to all alumni.
Getting involved may take many forms such as attending Annual General Meeting (AGM), varous State Chapter monthly meeting, varied social events, meeting up with old friends, taking advantage of all benefits afforded to Alumni members and more. You can also get involved by becoming an officer of the Alumni Association, or may want to help to organize events such as the Annual General Meeting – we need you.
Belief in mutual respect for cultures and equality for people.
Peace and fulfillment of mankind’s potential.
To contribute to the development of Police Secondary School Minna, its students and the society at large while projecting the image of the Police in a better light and strengthening the association relationship with the Nigeria Police Force and the society at large.
Creating opportunities for exposure and interaction between young people of different cultures. Assisting people in acquiring skills and knowledge through.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To harness every available resource to promote quality academic pursuit for the purpose of high academic excellence in Police Secondary School Minna.
- To foster greater unity among all Ex-students and Police Secondary School Minna, by bridging any gap that has existed among them through various academic programmes and social activities.
- To encourage, organize, plan and execute programmes that would contribute immensely in the buildup of trustworthy future leaders of our nation.
- To assist in every possible way in the maintenance and development of Police Secondary School Minna.
- To educate students of higher institutions on the relevance of the Police force in order to strengthen the relationship of the students toward the Police Force through our various forums in the higher institutions.
- To encourage a stronger and better relationship that exists between the Nigeria Police and the wider society.
- To promote unity and speak unequivocally against any form of human oppression, victimization, indiscipline or misconduct without fear or favour.
- To lead a good and exemplary profile amongst students and seek support from the Police Force and other organisations.
- To be good ambassadors of the Nigerian Police Force anywhere we find ourselves.
- To assist the Police in its course of crime prevention and security consciousness
For over 6 years, PSSMOSA has been working to restore the glory of our Alma mater, Police Secondary School Minna.
Explore our work to see the programs we create on behalf of the current students of PSSM.